There was a recipe in one of my magazines that caught my eye instantly (I have green Post-it that has been on it since day one to prove it): Lemon-Steamed Halibut with Radish Sauce. I couldn't steam it per se since I don't have a steamer or a steamer pot, but I just pan-fried it instead. And let me tell you, it was just as if the recipe called for a pan rather than a steamer.
I won't be blogging much more tonight. One quick thing though, its Saturday, which means I get to chill-out tonight (something much needed after the frantic week I had). It also means that tomorrow is Sunday, the eve of Marathon Monday. Aka, the night I will be biking through the streets of Beantown with my friends!
Ok, enjoy the pictures and try out the recipe!
Lemon-Grilled Pangasius with Radish Sauce (adapted from Cuisine Light)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 shallot, minced
- 8 oz. radishes, sliced into coins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pangasius fillets, about 5 oz. each
- Bring chicken broth, water and shallot to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 2-3 additional minutes. Add radishes and lemon juice and season with salt. Simmer until almost all the juices are evaporated, about 12 minutes. Add butter to the pan and stir until dissolved. Keep warm.
- Combine lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Coat each fillet with lemon fillet with lemon zest mixture.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add fish and cook until white and flaky, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve fish over radish sauce.