More about my great day in a second, but first let me tell you that we NEED AN EXTERMINATOR in our apartment. Like NOW! I'm serious though, mice are disgusting little creatures. I don't know how much longer I can manage living under the same roof as one (I'm hoping it's only one that we have).
I'm sorry for spamming my food blog with mice speak, but I needed to vent.
Anyways, that's done and over with. Today I finally had time to look through my food magazines and find yummy recipes. I forgot how many folded corners marked the pages of the dozens of magazines in my room. Tons of recipes waiting to be made--and that's not even counting the ones that I was too lazy to mark.
So for tonight I decided to make a salad from a FOOD issue that I had lying around. It's quick, easy and deliciously fresh. I suggest pairing it with roasted chicken or a steak.
Tangy Salad with Apples (adapted from FOOD)
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche (use sour cream if you can't find it)
- 5 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- S & P
- 1 small lettuce head (I used Green Leaf, because I couldn't find Frisee)
- 1 Gala apple, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. Whisk together with a fork and season with S & P.
- Place lettuce and apples in a large bowl. Pour half of the dressing and toss salad. Add more dressing if needed to coat lettuce and apple compketely. Season with S & P and serve immediately.