But I think it's going rogue tomorrow again. It's staying hidden until Thursday, which means I need to prepare for a couple of gloomy days--my worst nightmare. There's one thing of the top of my mind that would makes the week better: food.
Considering I have two finals left and many clouds to shoo away, I am going to need fuel. The question is what should I do? Tasty snacks, yummy meals or decadent desserts? How about all of the above.
Let me start with today's breakfast. It was fresh and colorful; a healthy and filling egg-white sandwich. Plus, it's easy to make and the perfect base for different combinations. Enjoy!
Open Faced Egg-White Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches.
Active time: 10 minutes. Total time 15 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 pieces rye or whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add pepper and onion and cook for about 1 minute. Add egg whites and cook, stirring, until fully cooked, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, toast bread until crispy.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mustard on each piece of toast. Arrange three tomato slices over mustard and top with egg mixture. Add arugula on top and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Serve warm.
Post a Comment