Well thats how I've been feeling lately about blogging. It's been so hard for me to come up with ideas for new posts--the pre-food content part, because come on, how hard can it be to come up with delicious food to eat?--that I'd rather make up stupid excuses for not blogging. I've used the classic, "I don't have time," or "there's things that have to be done." Then there's the "nobody is going to ready it on a Friday or Saturday, so why bother?,"or the overused "I'll post tomorrow" lines. But worse of all is that I've used these excuses on myself.
Nobody is on my back pressuring me to write up a post on a daily--or even weekly--basis; no one is sending me annoying emails asking why my work isn't done in time. It's all me and my type A personality--although lately its been fading.
But look at that, I just took my lack of inspiration and turned it into a blog post! So now I can go on to ramble about the yummy bran muffins I made yesterday morning. Very easy, very healthy and quite tasty. Pair one with a bowl of raspberries and a mug of steaming Ristretto coffee--yes I do own a Nespresso machine--and you've go yourself a gourmet breakfast! Enjoy!
Blueberry Bran Muffins (adapted from Spark Recipes)
Makes 12 muffins.
Active time: 20 minutes. Total time: 50 minutes + cooling
- 2 cups All Bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients and let stand for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile place liners in a regular cupcake pan or spray with non-stick spray.
- Add egg whites, vanilla, applesauce and blueberries; mix well. Mix in dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Distribute batter among prepared cupcake pan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool and serve warm.