New running shoes! Yup, a nice pair of Brooks Ghost :)
I'm ready to take up running again--slow and steady most likely--but it turns out I was running on one of the worst types of shoes for my stride type. Funny right? No wonder I got injured. If I'm going to take running seriously again (which I obviously will) I need the right shoes, so I hauled my butt over to Marathon Sports to get fitted.
Next topic? Food.
I bought a bag of cranberries this weekend on a whim; I didn't realize that I really didn't have much use for it. Then I read about cranberry salsa. So I grabbed the jalapeño in my fridge, chopped half an onion and threw everything into my Ninja blender. A few minutes later I had a delicious relish-like salsa.
A ton of it is still in a mason jar my fridge, but it seems this salsa goes well with everything: chicken, brussels sprouts, kale, wasa crackers, etc. I'm excited to try it in a sandwich, but that'll have to wait until later this week. For now, here's the recipe. Enjoy!
Spicy Cranberry Salsa
Active/total time: 5 minutes!
Makes about 16 oz.
- One 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- Put first 4 ingredients into a powerful blender or food processor; pulse 10 times to mix the ingredients. Starting on low, process in intervals, moving up in speed, until ingredients are finely chopped.
- Add sugar and process until just blended. Season with salt and pepper.
Post a Comment