November is upon us. And with it comes no fun.
What a sad way to start a blog post. I'm feeling the law nerd humor, however, so it seemed appropriate. Nonetheless, November also brings
Before moving onto the food, just a quick note about the holidays (namely Dia de los Muertos). This year for Halloween, I proudly incorporated culture into my costume. As it turns out, the makeup was a hit!
For a brief background and explanation of the festivities read this or this. And definitely check out this awesome video. Otherwise, for a quick and contemporary info session, go see the Snapchat story!
Grilled Breakfast Sammie (adapted from With Peanut Butter On Top)
Makes 1 sandwich.
Active time: 10 minutes; total time 15 minutes.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 slices Ezekiel (or other) bread
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 avocado
- 3–4 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Daiya shreds)
- More salsa! (optional)
- Heat a non-stick skillet or pan over medium heat; spray with cooking oil. Add egg whites and salsa and cook until resembling an thin omelette, about 5 minutes. Remove egg from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook spinach, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading the avocado on one slice of bread; spread the mustard on the other slice. Lawyer one slice of bread with the spinach, tomato, cooked egg whites, and finally the cheese. To with the other slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and cook uncovered for 3–5 minutes, or until sides are toasted. Cover and cook for 1 more minute.
Post a Comment