Anyways, cooking/baking has been at a minimal this summer, but I still have a ton of recipes lined up to try out. So once I'm back at college I plan to return to a three-to-four times-a-week blogging routine. But for the mean time, here is the recipe to a dozen delicious cupcakes that pack a ton of flavor into one small cake.
Like I've mentioned before, I'm not the cupcake fan myself, but I tried these because they looked so cute and they made my whole house smell like chocolate. Turns out they're quite good; chocolatey and cookie-doughy to the max. Oh and the frosting is lick-your-fingers delicious! So so good.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Cupcakes (adapted from Recipe Girl)
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Active time: 40 minutes. Total time: 1 1/2 hours + cooling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- Line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and sugars until smooth. Add milk and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients and beat until incorporated. Fold in chocolate and stir. Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Scoop dough into 2-tablespoon balls and place on prepared cookie sheet; freeze for 30 minutes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add water, oil, egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Transfer batter to a small pitcher and divide between the 12 cupcakes liners.
- Drop a frozen cookie dough ball into each cupcake and push slightly (if you want the top to bake, leave as is) so that the batter begins to cover the dough.
- Bake cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted right beside the cookie dough comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: garnish such as mini chocolate chips, chocolate pearls or a mini chocolate chip cookie.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add flour, milk and vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with desired topping.
el ultimo ingrediente de los cupcakes, es 1 1/2 de teaspoon de vainilla?ReplyDelete
los planeo hacer este viernes! tengo cena!
Si! Ya esta arregladoReplyDelete