My life as an undergraduate student is finished. Done. Finito. I know I'm being dramatic, but I think the situation calls for it. I am officially in the "real world"--to quote the amazing student speaker that gave the speech at my graduation--and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm scared/sad/nostalgic/any other emotionally-charged adjective.
People always tell you to make the most of your college years; they say it's the best time of your life, the most fun you'll ever have. But it's hard to grasp the idea until it's no longer in your reach. Like most things, you never know what you have until you don't have it anymore. I no longer have the freedom to flunk a paper or bomb a test. I can't sweet talk my way into an extension anymore. I'm not allowed to swipe into an all-you-can-eat dining hall and smuggle out bananas. And I certainly can't skip classes because karaoke-Tuesday was great and I overdid the vodka. Everything I do from now on is on me.
--Insert existential crisis clause here--
Just kidding, I'm far from having an existential crisis, but I am having a post-graduation dilemma in which I can't seem to decided what I want my life to look like in one, two, or five years. Knowing me, it is necessary to have a plan. Well for now plan is to go with the flow. So here's to flowing, and eating while I'm at it!
Tofu Scramble Salad Wrap (adapted from Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook)
Active time: 20 minutes; Total time: 40 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 - 6oz. package extra firm tofu, drained, patted dry and crumbled
- 1 carrot shredded
- 3 small beets, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 pieces of lavash or pita bread
- 1 small bunch parsley leaves
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, adding 2 tablespoons of water, one at a time. Transfer tofu to a large bowl and mix in onion, carrot and beets.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice and zest, dijon mustard, agave and curry powder. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over tofu mixture and stir well. Chill tofu salad for about 20 minutes or until cold.
- Place a piece of lavash on a flat surface; add about 1/2 cup tofu salad and top with parsley leaves. Roll up into a wrap. Repeat with remaining lavash/pitas and tofu.
Post a Comment