In case you were wondering, I've been absent due to moving, travels and endless meals cooked for me (instead of by me). Nonetheless, I've missed the kitchen and it was just a matter of time until I returned.
Once again, I'm training for a marathon--hoping to complete the training this time sans injury--and trying to eat better in the hopes that I'll achieve my "racing weight" (see Matt's book for reference). For that reason, I've found myself scouring the interwebs in search of healthy, yet yummy, recipes. Keep in mind that I'm back in Mexico (see previous posts about moving away from Boston), so some ingredients listed in the multiple recipes I've pinned are hard to find. For instance, unsweetened applesauce. Don't ask me why, but us Mexicans apparently don't consume unsweetened applesauce--maybe that's why we top the fat countries list? So, for recipes like the one below, I had to make my own applesauce.
Regardless, I'll keep searching for healthy recipes and post experiments from my runner's diet. I hope you enjoy my journey (for the second time) into marathon training nutrition (sort of).
Peanut & Almond Butter Protein Muffins (adapted from Veggie and the Beast)
Makes 12 muffins.
Active time: 15 minutes. Total time: 30 minutes + cooling
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup flaxseed
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 packets Stevia
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375F (180 C); line (or grease) a 12-muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, stir together the applesauce and peanut butter. Mix in the honey, sugar, egg, and vanilla, and then stir in the greek yogurt.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet mix and stir to combine. Divide batter among 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool completely before storing and store in airtight container.
How do you get free coins when you lose coins in casino?ReplyDelete
How do you 원주 출장안마 get free coins when 대전광역 출장마사지 you lose coins in casino? · 제주 출장안마 Visit and click the link 순천 출장안마 to claim your bonus. · Go to the 아산 출장안마 “Deposit Bonus” tab on the site