I keep telling myself that I must find something to keep me going. Yes, I have my blog--and don't get me wrong, it is an everyday motivator--but it is very hard to keep it up when I am only cooking for one. Now that Maricarmen left (this morning), I find myself food-bored once again. I can't cook elaborate dishes and I get sick of eating the same things over and over again.
On the other hand, I am a journalism intern and that means I have many articles waiting to be written. But honestly, sometimes I just wish I could drop all my stories and cook a banquet. A banquet that I could proceed to eat without ever getting full!
Anyways, in the days to come, with summer classes ending and stories due, I will not be cooking that much. Meals will probably be the easiest possible dishes I can put together. But after that...
For now, enjoy the second pizza dish using the leftover dough from Wednesday. The other basic recipe for pizza is below.
To assemble the pizza:
- Roll out dough to desired thickness.
- Coat dough with olive oil, using spray or a cooking brush.
- Spread tomato sauce over pizza.
- Sprinkle pizza with desired toppings.
- Cook pizza in preheated oven at 500F for about 10-15 minutes.
Easy Tomato Sauce (adapted from How To Cook Everything)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- S & P
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large deep skillet. Once hot, add onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Season with oregano and S & P. Cook sauce, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until reduced to desired consistency.