Yeah, in case you missed it, I'm not a huge fan. I really have no reason for it, but I am not fond at all. Sure, I appreciate roses and chocolates and I would love to receive some this year--hint hint--but really, why not show your love for people every day?
Anyways, enough of that, let's talk food. I made my first batch of mini cupcakes yesterday: double chocolate with vanilla frosting.
I frosted most of them with plain Betty Crocker frosting--a very unusual thing considering I hate using store-bought things like that--and topped them with broken candy hearts (pun intended). They taste a lot like brownies, so make them and eat up! Enjoy.
Double Chocolate Mini Cupcakes (adapted from Epicurious)
Makes about 48 cupcakes.
Active time: 30 minutes. Total time: 50 minutes + cooling.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (about 60% cacao)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until well incorporated after each one.
- Beat in vanilla, half the flour mixture, and hot water. Add remaining flour mixture and beat until just blended. Let batter cool for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chunks. Divide batter among cupcake pan, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake cupcakes until tester comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan over cooling rack.
WOW!! Lovely cupcakes with chocolate.ReplyDelete