Long day today. I feel like I have been saying this for several days now, but it's true. Come night time I feel like I've been awake for more than 12 hours (which is true on some days).
So I was very excited today because I got stopped on the street by a fashion intern who wanted to take a picture of my outfit. She made my day. Granted I was wearing my very very tall heels from Forever 21 (and I may have been strutting it, jk), which may have made me look more stylish, but still, it made my day.
Greek Salad (adapted from Everyday FOOD by Martha Stewart)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 medium cucumber cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halfed
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the feta cheese and toss to mix. Season with S & P.
- Add feta and mix until just combined. Serve.
For the chicken, simply put 2 large chicken breasts ( I used Trader Joe's frozen breast meat) in a Ziploc bag with 2 tablespoons oregano and 1 shallot finely chopped. Let marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until fully cooked.