Apparently its Starbucks' bday today! I just thought I would drop that random fact in.
Anyways, having defrosted some tilapia filets in the fridge I decided to have it pan-fried for dinner. Its a very simple and delicious way to prepare fish. Literally takes less than 10 minutes and it involves all of pouring oil into a saucepan, heating it, placing the fish filet on the saucepan and seasoning with S & P; then waiting for the fish to get nice and golden on each side.
Then I realized I had almost-gone-bad celery just sitting in my veggie fridge drawer and I looked for some recipe online. Found an easy way to cook Sweet and Sour celery on Epicurious and adapted it to include carrots.
Sweet & Sour Celery and Carrots (adapted from Epicurious)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 large lime
- S & P
- 1 bunch celery, cut into 1-inch thick pieces. Reserve and chop leaves for serving
- 5 carrots cut into 1-inch rounds
- Simmer water, olive oil, honey, lime and S & P in a medium pot. Stir until honey is diluted.
- Add celery and carrots and simmer covered until liquid is reduced (almost inexistent). Recipe called for 30-40 minutes, but I found that after 20-25 minutes the veggies are nice and tender.
- Serve with celery leaves on top.