Literally though, I had a horrible night--insomnia at 4 a.m. followed by a wake-up call at 7-- and a very long day. I was anxious all day long; I was crabby; I was mean; geez, I hated myself today. Can it just be tomorrow already?
Anyways, I am not about to vent all night long, so here is a recipe I had saved from a couple of weeks ago. I featured a recipe similar to this one before, but this one is better. It is an easy lunch/dinner with a healthy twist. Tofu and vegetables, my favorite combo.
Broccoli Cauliflower Tofu
Active time: 10 minutes. Total time: 15 minutes.
Makes 2 servings.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 oz. extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add tofu and lower heat to medium; cook until slightly browned and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer tofu to a plate and set aside, keeping pan over heat.
- Add vegetables to pan and bring heat to medium-high. Add soy sauce and vinegar and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return tofu to sauce pan and stir, cooking for another minute. Season with salt and pepper and serve.