A week of studying, midterms and writing awaits me. Oh and hectic workouts. I'm doing Insanity and it's killing me--feel like throwing up killing me. But I'm relaxed... or at least for now.
These days I find myself freaking out one second and fine the next. It's not cool. My crazy-stress-over-everything self is coming out more often than not. So what am I doing about it? Cooking. Problem is I don't always get around to the writing part. Yeah I know writer's block is like blah, blah, blah to most people, but it's definitely invading my life at the moment. But here is tonight's effort to change it.
And moving onto food...
I recently found an awesome blog with great healthy recipes. I am obsessed; it's my idea of gourmet heaven. So basically I have bookmarked a ton of recipes that I will hopefully be making in the near future. Today I decided to try eggplant fries. They're easy to make, yummy and "skinny." Enjoy!
Baked Eggplant Stickers
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian season breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated (or shredded) Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Remove ends of eggplant and slice into 1/4 inch pieces. Cut in half and then into 1/4 inch sticks. Place in a large bowl and dress with olive. Season with salt and pepper and toss until well coated.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl. Place egg whites in a separate bowl. Dip a couple of eggplant sticks in the egg whites and transfer to breadcrumbs. Toss to coat and transfer to lined baking sheets.
- Spray eggplant with more oil and bake for 10 minutes. Turn and bake for another 5 minutes or until toasted. Serve warm.