Woke up in Boston and took my last final; in other words, I ended sophomore year of college. Visited the apartment I am going to move into this fall--which also means that now I will have two roommates rather than one, thus I will have to refer to them by name: Amanda and Shirley-- and boarded a plane bound to Mexico City (with a layover in Newark).
You would think that after landing in Mexico at around 10 p.m., I would choose to arrive home and do nothing else than crawl into my queen-sized, and very missed, bed and sleep. But no. I am no ordinary person. I decided to go out.
Literally two hours after landing at Benito Juarez International Airport I was standing in a club waiting to dance the night away. I am not joking. I am also not crazy, just deprived of Mexican night life and since I am only here for ten days, I have to take advantage of every opportunity I have.
I should mention, though, that I was pretty lost. I guess my mind and did not have time to catch up with my fast-paced schedule. I felt as if I were in some sort of dream; except I was awake. Anyways, I had a great time and when I finally crawled under the covers of my comfy bed I was happy as a hippo.
Now onto the food. I did not cook anything since my last post, but I have to confess that the night I made wonton soup I also made chicken nuggets. Bet you did not expect that. I restrained from posting them both at the same time because they are not really the best combo, but here they are now.
Healthy Chicken Nuggets (adapted from Skinny Taste)
- 2 large, about 16 oz., skinless boneless chicken breasts
- S & P
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- Oil spray, olive oil preferably
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a cooking sheet with oil and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with S & P. Place in a small bowl with olive oil and toss to coat chicken. Set aside to let marinate.
- In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Put a few pieces of chicken into the bread crumbs to coat evenly; then place chicken on baking sheet. Repeat with all the chicken.
- Lightly spray chicken with oil and bake for 8-10 minutes. Turn nuggets and bake for 4-5 more minutes.