I still don't though. I have to confess I was laying in my bed stumbling through cooking blogs for a large chunk of today. Although I guess I was ultimately working towards the blog.
Anyways, here is the recipe for tonight's dinner.
Steak Salad (adapted from Special K)
*The quantities are subjective, since some people like vegetables more than steak (cough cough, me), but others like meat more.
- Green beans, blanched
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Mixed greens
- 1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 oz. boneless sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine green beans, tomatoes, and mixed greens in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with S & P. Whisk to incorporate as much as possible and add to salad. Toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt, and pepper. Rub steaks with seasoning.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Cook steaks until cooked to taste (I did about 9 minutes), flipping occasionally.
- Once cooked, slice steak into 1-inch strips and serve over salad. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.