All I want to do is lie in bed and
Anyways, it's time to take a break and what better way than to blog about my breakfast from when I was feeling fine. Oh and after this short post, I am putting my pajamas on and (hopefully) crawling into bed.
But before that let me tell you what a big fan I'm of frittatas. They're super easy and quick to make. Also, you can basically add any veggie or herb and play around with the taste; add some cheese and it becomes a heavenly dish. Enjoy!
Bell Pepper & Leek Frittata (adapted from Epicurious)
Active time: 10 minutes. Total time: 25 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced leek
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 grated swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro + more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray 4 small cooking dishes or ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add peppers and leeks and sauteed until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and whites together. Stir cheese, cilantro and pepper/leeks and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into prepared baking dishes and bake until center is firm, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately