Let me tell you what I have planned. Four days in Vegas, at the Venetian--whoop whoop--; four days in Coronado, near the beach; and one Saint Patrick's Day combined with a birthday celebration (not mine) in Boston. I am psyched.
But I still have to get through a long day of classes tomorrow and hours of packing on Friday. Almost there though, almost there--or at least that's what I keep telling myself.
Anyways, before food blogging there is something else I want to talk about. The second issue of TasteBUds is going to print ... drumroll please ... tomorrow! Yes, tomorrow. That adds to my SB excitement, because when I come back I will have 200 copies of the lovely second issue in my hands!
So yeah, I'm excited for the next week and a half. And now here is my dish for the night. It's a simple fennel and artichoke dish, but it's absolutely delicious--if you don't believe me, ask my roommate who ate the half I was saving for later.
Roasted Fennel and Artichoke Hearts (adapted from Martha Stewart)
Active time: 10 minutes. Total time: 40 minutes.
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 3/4-inch wedges + 1 tablespoon of the fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 can whole artichoke hearts in water, drained and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Arrange fennel and artichoke pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast veggies until caramelized on both sides, about 35 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Serve and garnish with fennel fronds.
Post a Comment