Sure, this winter was a joke, but come on, who doesn't like bright days and warm weather? I love snow and cold, but nothing beats a sunny day with blue skies decorated only with a few fluffy clouds. And it's not just the weather, it the effects it has on people.
Take yesterday for example. I woke up after a measly six hours of interrupted sleep and the first thing I did was groan. I couldn't stop thinking about going back to Vegas or California--my Spring Break locations--and skipping yet another week of class. But once I stepped outside and took a whiff of the fresh air my mood did a 360.
By noon all I wanted to do was be outside. So much so, that I spent an hour walking around Boston. Literally.
Unfortunately, today was not such a day; the weather was still amazing, but I had class all day long. Boohoo.
But here's to tomorrow and my tanning date! Oh yes I did, I planned a sun-day with a friend since Sunday (when I realized how nice Wednesday would be). Anyways, in my great mood yesterday, I was inspired to make a quick shrimp stir-fry--you know me, warm weather makes me crave shrimp.
Broccoli Slaw & Shrimp Stir Fry
Active time: 10 minutes. Total time: 25 minutes.
Makes 1 serving.
- 5 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Pinch of ginger
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced baby-bella mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- Salt & Pepper
- Place shrimp in a Ziploc bag. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, Sriracha and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Gently shake to mix and chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for about minute. Add broccoli slaw and remaining soy sauce, lime juice and 2 tablespoons water and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and marinade to wok and stir-fry until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Serve stir-fry on its own, or over rice.