Im certainly not an avid Valentine's Day fan, but what started out as an okay-turned-bad-day ended up very very good! What can I say, my baking obsession kicked in and I couldn't fight the urge to use my newly acquired cupcake pan.
My roomie asked for some cupcakes and I quickly agreed to bake them for her.
Chocolate Buttermilk (Martha Stewart) Cupcakes were the choice of the night, and I must say they turned out very yummy!
Didn't make the frosting myself since I was quite busy cooking dinner for our "dinner date" (haha), but Betty Crocker came to the rescue.
For dinner, I made Honey-Mustard Chicken from Cuisine Tonight (one of the 2 food magazines that I couldn't keep my hands off of this morning)
Here's the recipe:
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- S & P to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6 oz. each)
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Whisk mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Reserve 2 tbsp. for serving. Brush chicken with remaining dressing.
- Coat non-stick ovenproof pan with cooking spray and saute chicken over medium-low heat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer pan to oven and cook until chicken is done, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and serve chicken with scrapings and reserved dressing.
I substituted lemon for lime though because I had no lemon, but it still turned out delicious.
Enjoy the pictures!! And be happy, V's day is almost over!!